Monday, October 22, 2007

Sweet Pain

Wow! What a killer weekend. Not only did I speak at Jenny Hendershott's Toronto Phat Camp on Friday evening, I also participated. I can't remember the last time my legs were this sore. I had to soak in a bath of Epsom salts to encourage healing in my legs. I usually enjoy the sweet pain I feel in my muscles after a hard workout, but I believe this was a moment where I overdid it.

There were 100 very determined participants at the camp, including 5 pregnant ladies! I was very impressed. Jen is the real deal! She pushes hard, strives hard and is extremely inspirational. Her bootcamp expertise along with my Q & A session really gave the crew a very well -rounded experience.

Training plateaus are easily reached and bootcamps are an excellent way to keep things fresh. You can overcome self-esteem issues or try something you've never done before. They are an excellent way to put the heat back into your training routines. Boredom at the gym is a one-way ticket to failure... who wants to do something that bores them? Not me, that's for sure! So take advantage of opportunities to spice things up and keep it fresh. Reading an issue of Oxygen never hurts!

On that note, we're working hard to put the finishing touches on the Eat-Clean Diet Workout book. It will be out in January and will be full of info on starting, maintaining and switching-up your workouts.

Keep up the good work and continue to Eat Clean for health and for life.

No comments: