Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Day of Meetings

Wow! Today is the day of meetings. I have a 5 minute break right now just before meeting number 2 of the day, and then I have one right after that. Phewf! It makes for a long day here at the office.

Yesterday I did a presentation in Burlington, Ontario for the Parks and Rec department. It was at the beautiful Paletta Mansion on the waterfront. I spoke with the department during their wellness day. We got into some great discussions about flaxseed, agave nectar, quinoa, etc. etc. This was the grocery list of things people had never heard of before. It was fun! We also talked about the benefit of organic and locally grown foods. I shared with the group one of my favorite reads in a long time, The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollen. Anyway, it was a great event and I was thrilled to see from familiar faces in the audience.

I also visited my daughter yesterday. Her high school just completed construction on an art gallery and they had the opening gala last night. My daughter's photography was selected as part of the opening expose. I was a proud mama last night. She has taken some beautiful photographs. I can't wait to get some of them up in my house.

So now I am off to meeting number 2 of the day, and then it's home to make dinner.

Have a great day all!

No comments: