Thursday, May 20, 2010

It's All Coming Together...

I am nearly 1 month out from my triathlon and I finally feel that it's all coming together.

I purchased my wet suit yesterday and jumped in our very chilly, just opened pool to try it out. It's pretty funny trying to get into that suit for the 1st time. It's thick and sticky, but it kept me incredibly warm and made me really fast in the water. I am feeling confident with my distances in the water, even after a few weeks off due to a crazy travel schedule. I've been told to focus more on pulling myself through the water to avoid tiring out my legs, which I'll need for the bike and run and I'm amazed how much weight training has helped me with this.

I'm really excited to go on a long ride with my friend Julie Cowell tomorrow. I find it much more comforting to get out on the road with another person, especially since I've had bike accidents in the past. Today I'll be getting a spare tire to be prepared for my long ride. Cycling is this whole new world for me and I want to make sure I have everything I need!

If you're interested in finding out what my motivation is behind this event please check out the new video posted at the EatCleanDiet.com. It's on the right-hand side of the homepage under the video tab. While you're there try out this yummy new recipe... Pumpkin Seed Salad. Delicious!

In the meantime, I'll be busy working away on lots of projects. It has been nice to have a few weeks at home without a lot of travel. I've been doing lots of spring cleaning just in time for Victoria Day long weekend here in Canada.

Much Love,
Tosca

2 comments:

Hilda andrade said...

keep up the great work Tosca! and Happy Vic Day weekend!

Ciciolina said...

very good ..
it's interesting for me, thank you .