Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Jamaican Experience

We're a few days into vacation now. I'm so excited because my swimming times are improving so much over here in Jamaica. Swimming the ocean is so great for a challenging workout. Robert & I are still keeping up with our training in the outdoor gym. I'm also still running the beach most days. My mom and I are taking nice long walks, too. Turns out we are a little too far from Dunn Falls to check them out. We are sticking to resort adventures such as jet skiing, snorkeling, and banana boating. I've also finished 2 books, Olive Kitteridge (suggested by Oprah's Book Club) & Fearce Natives Home From Hot Climates (suggested by my daughter Kiersten). What a treat to finish 2 and be working on a 3rd! This never happens at home. I'm sure we're getting too much sun, but I love it! I'm also loving the egg white omelets and oatmeal at breakfast. It certainly isn't hard to eat clean here. Overall it's been quite a treat. A few more days of sun and sand and we'll be back on Canadian soil. I've heard it's beautiful in Toronto and hope it sticks around for us. I hope you're all keeping well, eating clean, lifting hard and loving every moment of the day!
From Jamaica with Love,
Tosca

3 comments:

Amanda Thebe said...

16 degrees and hiking in Caledon today, gorgeous, bet you wish you were here!! ha ha

Angie (Losing It and Loving It) said...

Sounds like a great relaxing time!

Counting down the months until we can go back 'home' to Jamaica. Only 8 months left. Oh that's a long wait.

Coryn Elise said...

Im leaving for Jamaica on Tuesday! im praying the weather will be beautiful..forecast says "scattered thunderstorms" ugh!..but I've packed plenty of workout clothes :-)..I visited Jamaica in August and climbed the Dunns River Falls..it was amazing! took about an hour to get to the top..what a great experience..