Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

What a lovely day for Father's Day. I took my husband out for breakfast this morning before spending a glorious sunny day by the pool. Finally! I can't tell you the last time we laid out for a little sunshine-y break. Bob watched me as I swam laps in preparation for my tri. He helped me count and filmed my efforts. I feel good. By the way it was my father who taught me how to swim. He was a swim instructor at the YMCA.


We just finished a yummy dinner of steak, asparagus, green peas, peas from my garden, roasted potatoes, and leak & potato soup (my husband's favorite). It was a feast fit for a father indeed. After a long walk with the dogs we are ready to tuck in for a family viewing of our new favorite guilty pleasure - Modern Family!

I thought about my dad today and how very much I would like him to be here with me to celebrate. His early passing is a reminder to me each and every day to take care of myself so I can be around for the many important days to come. Robert lost his father the day we got married. It's amazing to me how often memories of my father and his pop into our every day living.

I hope you've had the opportunity to take time with your loved ones whomever they are in any way you can.

No comments: