Friday, August 22, 2008

Me and My B4 Pictures



Okay Gang! I have attached my first few shots of me in my first suit fitting. Check out the sausage meat hanging over the sides at the back! Yummy! Not!! This is the trouble spot for old ladies like me who have had children and stress and hormones. I will focus on trimming the fat from these areas. I will also want to harden up my glutes and abs. Keep in mind that the entire body looks better when it is painted with several coats of Pro Tan - which also helps to make the body look slimmer. I look forward to that.


Training - still have to do that although it is late in the day. We have been shooting all day and I am pooped. Don't know where I am going to find the energy but I will have to. Who said this was glamorous??


As for today's eating:


Breakfast at 8:00 am

2/3 cup cooked oatmeal with 2 tablespoons flax seed

500 ml water with 6 ounces wheat grass

4 egg whites

black coffee


MidAm 11:30 am

5 ounces poached salmon

1 cup steamed veggies

2 small potatoes

250 ml water

black coffee


Lunch at 1:30

5 egg whites

1/2 raw red pepper

250 ml water


by the way .... I am feeling totally carb depleted right now!!


Mid Afternoon

1 rice cake with 1 tablespoon natural nut butter

tea

250 ml water with 6 ounces wheat grass


Dinner 7:00pm

roasted sweet potato

steamed green beans

roasted asparagus

beef tenderloin

water


Don't worry! I won't forget to train. I have calves, traps and abs along with some form of cardio.


Q: What are HIITs?

A: I like to do HIIT's which stand for High Intensity Interval Training. I like to mix things up especially when it comes to speed. If I vary the speed at which I do a cardiovascular activity I will burn more calories (read fat). So I will start out a treadmill session with about 5 minutes of warm up at a moderate pace and then begin to break up the rest of the session with 2 minute intervals of alternating sprinting and power walking. Watch the sweat pour out of you now!


Q: Why did you have white rice?

A: I had white rice at the airport because there was no alternative. Same with the rice at home. We ran out and I used what was left in the cupboard. Back to brown tomorrow. I finally had time to do the groceries!!


Alright then, I am signing off until tomorrow! Can I tell you how much I am looking forward to dinner?


Bye now,

tosca



15 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Tosca, I just wanted to tell you, that you already look amazing! Your glowing! and I love your hairstyle! Keep up the good work pls, since u r my biggest inspiration. Off to hungary tomorrow,so wish me luck with my clean eating (i know I will do fine)
szilvi g

fieryiceyrei said...

LOVE that suit - it's very "masquerade."

A question - where do I find Tuscan spice blend, or what is in it so I can make my own? I want to make the Tuscan Bean Spread from the Eat-Clean cookbook but cannot find those spices anywhere. Help! ^_^

Anonymous said...

I love the colorand pattern of that suit, very different from the norm. You look great. Not to far from show ready.

Anonymous said...

Tosca, I just want to say that you are SUCH an inspiration! Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

Valarie

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! radiating - good for you Tosca taking this on.

Anonymous said...

Your such a brave person. I would never have the nerve to do what you're doing. Keep up the good work and I only wish to have the disaplend you have.

You go Girl!

Vanda

Healthy Heather said...

Wow, it is so awesome that you are posting your before pics....not many women would do that and it is so inspirational to see that everyone starts with a "before" and works hard towards an "after". Good luck and you look fantastic!!!

Stef said...

I am just catching up with your blog and am happy to learn that you are competing soon! I can't wait to see how you do!

LOVE THE SUIT...it is BEAUTIFUL!

=)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting those photos. I wish I looked so fit. Good choice in the suit nice pattern to it.

Anonymous said...

Tosca,
You look fantastic. I started eating clean a while ago, but fell off track. I'm back on again, not 100% clean all the time yet, but I'm working toward it. It's very hard for me to give up half/half in my morning tea! You are an inspiraton for me to keep going and moving toward my goals.
Thank you!!!

-Jenn in Pennsylvania

Anonymous said...

Look at you! OMG! You go girl!

runninggal said...

Hi Tosca!

I can completely understand the back sausage comment - I am almost 40 and cannot get rid of this area - i have lost inches and 30 pounds so far since April but I cannot get this particular part of me to go down. I just keep plugging away .... Love your blog and you look fabulous - you are an inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Tosca, you look gorgeous! I am loving your new book. You are my inspiration.
Valerie